Sunday, October 7, 2012

Where to begin. . .


 

Hello (always a good place to start I think!) As the title suggests I am an RECE (for those not in the know that is a Registered Early Childhood Educator) and I work in a small center in Ontario, Canada. I work with kids between 2 and 6 and I have been in the field for a little over two years. I love to look on line for ideas for my classroom but I often find that the things I find are meant for parents (therefor they need to be adapted to more than a couple children using it), for school teachers (so it is for children much older than the ones in my class) or they are just really expensive which we don't have the budget for! so I thought I would share my ideas and adaptations for others to use! I got the name from a favorite song in my classroom about monkeys swinging in a tree. There is also a song about five monkeys jumping on a bed. Both these songs would make a good comparison to the environment in a daycare. You have chaos, some scolding, some hurts, some teasing, lots of fun and laughter and . . . . a crocodile (hmm maybe not that last one! Lol) Anyhow, hope you enjoy reading!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment