Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sensory Bin - Fall


I love to fill the sensory bin in my classroom with different things. I usually leave them for about a month (give or take based on interest . . . both the kids and mine) some of the things I do turn out to be really messy or annoying for various reasons so these ones tend to not last as long. However for the most part I leave it until the kids stop playing with it or I come up with an idea that I have to try RIGHT NOW!! Lol

This one is a fall bin and the reason for it is that it is fall and the kids are loving playing with the leaves outside.

Inside the bin I put . . . .

-          Cloth leaves I got from the dollar store

-          Felt stuffed leaves I sewed

-          Shiny metal disks that I found in my dad’s basement (I was thinking frost . . . and no I have no idea where to get them, what they are supposed to be used for etc.)

-          Wooden beads

-          Orange and yellow plastic beavers (just cause they were the right colour and I thought they were cool . . . again found in the basement so I have no idea where they came from or why they were there! Dad’s basement is great that way!)

-          Wooden bowls – (my kids like to fill bowls with stuff, they don’t seem to care what the stuff is just stuff) again found Dad’s basement but I know they were at one point part of a salad set.

-          Laminated leaves – I laminated a bunch of leaves from our playground and through they in there. The reason for this is that I wanted the leaves to last more than a couple days!

-          Black foam puck shapes – these were purely about the texture of them . . . again the basement.

So far this bin has been out for a week and the kids love it. They seem to enjoy sorting the different items into the bowl, using the leaves as hats and making birthday cakes out of the stuff in the bowls and singing happy birthday over and over again!  

No comments:

Post a Comment