Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Stain Glass Leaves


I made these stain glass leaves with the kids I had last fall but I am using them again this year to decorate. We attempted to make new ones with the new batch of kids but these ones are a lot younger and they just wanted to play with the glue, oh well. So I reused the ones from last year cause I love how they look hanging from the ceiling.

These leaves are super easy to make. You just glue tissue paper to wax paper. You will want to make sure that the tissue paper is slicked down with glue (I mix some water in with the glue to make this easier!) and if possible try to keep the layers of tissue paper thin (One is best if you want lots of light to shine through but more is okay.) When I did this with the children I gave them a piece of wax paper that was much bigger than I needed for each leaf. That way I could position the outline where there was the most tissue paper covering the paper. 

Next I cut an outline of a leaf out of black paper and glued it to the dry wax paper/ tissue paper. I used this maple leaf pattern . . . I traced it onto black paper and then cut out the center of each one.  

I then cut around the outline and there you have it . . . stain glass leafs.    

No comments:

Post a Comment