Monday, October 8, 2012

Halloween Calendar Numbers


So here are the numbers I am using on my calendar this month . . . I know there are no actual numbers on these cards. I hand write the numbers in after I print them. This is so I don’t have to mess around with formatting. I just print off three copies, write in the numbers and laminate them. Then I attach Velcro to the back so it will stick to the calendar.


 I make these sheets so there will be some left over. I do this because then I have extras if any of the numbers go missing (Since I work with two year olds and some of them will eat literally anything!) You will also notice that I only used two shapes for this sheet. That is because in addition to number recognition I also use calendar numbers to help teach my kids about patterns. Since I currently have a newer and younger batch of kids I only use two pictures to teach them the basic concept. When this becomes too easy I will move to more pictures per month.  

When I do calendar every morning (or to be honest most mornings . . . when the kids are feeling it and we aren’t doing something more interesting) I sing this song . . .

Seven Days (tune of Found a Peanut)

“There are seven days,

There are seven days,

There are seven days in the week,

There are seven days,

There are seven days,

There are seven days in the week,

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday,

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday,”

And we talk about what number and picture will come first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment