Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Duck and Goose Activities


The children in my class have become addicted to “the orange book” which is in reality Tad Hills’ Duck and Goose find a Pumpkin and they have also been enjoying a game I call “Where is the Fox?” which involves hiding a picture of a fox under pieces of coloured felt (This game was introduced to help with colour recognition) so I decided to combine the two.

For those of you who don’t know the book the duck and the goose travel around trying to find a pumpkin. My kids like it because it offers a chance to for them to answer back on each page as one character asks the other if their pumpkin is in the water or in the tree etc.  So I made this . . .
 


Each felt figure represents one of the places the character’s looked in the book so the kids can take turns hiding their pumpkin and finding it.
To continue the theme I made these . . .
 
So that we could hide our pumpkins all around the room. Before I introduce these games to my class though, I am going to introduce them to a real pumpkin. I gave them gourds to play with this week and it had been great despite the fact that many of the littler ones are having some problems saying the word gourd.      

No comments:

Post a Comment