Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Goldilocks and the Three Bears Rap

Everyone knows the story of goldilocks and the three bears. However I found this version . . .
Once upon a time in the middle of the woods there were three bears
One was a papa bear, one was a mama bear, one was a wee bear
Along came a girl with a golden girl she knocked on the door but no one was there
So she walked right in ‘cause she didn’t care
Home, home, home came the papa bear
Home, home, home came the mama bear
Home, home, home came the wee bear
“Someone’s been eating my porridge” said the papa bear “Grrrrrr” (make hands like claws)
“Someone’s been eating my porridge” said the mama bear “Ahhhhh” (throw hands in the air)
“Hey-baba-ree-bear someone has eaten my soup” said the wee “hmmmmm” (cross arms and pout)
“Someone’s been sitting in my chair” said the papa bear “Grrrrrr” (make hands like claws)
“Someone’s been sitting in my chair” said the mama bear “Ahhhhh” (throw hands in the air)
“Hey-baba-ree-bear someone has broken my seat” said the wee “hmmmmm” (cross arms and pout)
“Someone’s been sleeping in my bed” said the papa bear “Grrrrrr” (make hands like claws)
“Someone’s been sleeping in my bed” said the mama bear “Ahhhhh” (throw hands in the air)
“Hey-baba-ree-bear someone is still in my bed!!” said the wee “hmmmmm” (cross arms and pout)
Just then Goldilocks woke up “AHHHHHHHH” and she beat it out a there
“Bye, Bye, Bye” said the papa bear
“Bye, Bye, Bye” said the mama bear
“Hey-baba-ree-bear this is the end of our tail” said the wee bear “hmmmmm” (cross arms and pout)   
And so I made these puppets . . .

And turned this old staple story into an interactive circle time activity!  

No comments:

Post a Comment