Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Elastic Painting


I made paintbrushes out of elastics today! Here they are . . .

It was so simple I whipped up six of them in about ten minutes (the first one took almost half of that as I figured out the best way to do it!) and the best part is that all of them together cost like a dollar to make! I used elastics from the dollar store and pencils we had in the center already. The instructions I found on line suggested using elastics that were about the same size but the bag I got had a variety and I kinnda thought it would be more interesting that way anyway. So, I just grabbed a bunch of elastics and hung them over my finger so one end of each would all be together. Then I wrapped a small elastic around that end until it was tight and jammed a pencil in there. I think I am gonna remake them with sturdy sticks instead of the pencils because I think it will look better and I am thinking at some point I am gonna need all of those pencils back!

 
Than I just put them out on the table with paint and let the kids go nuts! Here is what some of them made . . . .    
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment